The mission of the Indian Red Cross is to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times all forms of humanitarian activities so that human sufferings can be minimized and even prevented and this contributes to create climate for peace
SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES
5. Voluntary service
YOUTH RED CROSS
Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth programme. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management. The programme focuses on the following areas:
1. Encourage community service through training and education
2. Disseminate the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent
movement through activities that encourage the Red Cross ideals
3. Promote international friendship with activities that cultivate a humanitarian spirit,
4. Technical support in the development of youth programmes, fund-raising andidentification of material and human resources,
5. The youth unit aims to have young people recognized by Societies as leaders who address the needs of the most vulnerable.
WHAT IS YOUTH RED CROSS?
“The Youth Red Cross” is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. A qualified Lecturer is recognized as the leader and he is called the Programme Officer under his guidance, the students are trained and encouraged to manage the affairs of the group, electing their own Office-Bearers.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF YOUTH RED CROSS
The Main purpose of organizing the Youth Red Cross is: –
1. To inculcate in the Youth of our country awareness on the care of their own health
and that of others.
2. To understand and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with
humanitarian concern, to fulfill the same
3. To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with
dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
4. To cultivate better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.